Ski Dude is a fun skiing game where you navigate the skier, the eponymous Ski Dude, over ski jumps, and through obstacles, while trying to pick up gifts that increases your overall score.
Ski Dude can be played either using on-screen left and right control buttons or by using the built-in accelerometer where you move the device to control the Ski Dude.
The obstacles in the game include:
- Trees, rocks, and toboggans – if Ski Dude skis into any of these obstacles, he crashes and you lose a life.
- Snow mounds – if Ski Dude skis through a mound of snow, he slows down.
- Ramps – if Ski Dude skis on to a ramp, he will jump into the air and over obstacles below. He will also speed up and gain extra points.
- Gifts – if Ski Dude skis into a gift, he will gain extra points.
As game play continues, Ski Dude continues to gain speed until the maximum possible speed is achieved. At that point, it’s a matter of skiing for your life (or Ski Dude‘s) so that you don’t end up crashing into some obstacle.
In each game, you have three lives. Each time you lose a life, you start skiing again at the minimum speed and have to gather speed again. Once you lose all three lives, it’s game over and you would have to start over again with your score at zero.
Ski Dude features:
- Accelerometer can be used for game play.
- OpenFeint and Game Center support.
- Kiip support so players in the US, Canada, and UK (soon!) can win real prizes.
- Retina display.
- Five different achievements to be unlocked. Some achievements are secret, so you’ll have to figure out what unlocks them.
- Get the highest score on our global leaderboards by competing against other players from around the world.
Remember to download your free copy of Ski Dude now. And have a great undead day!
What’s New in Version 1.01 (8 Apr 2012):
- Upgraded to the latest cocos2D version for better support for the new iPad.
- Added TestFlight for easier crash reporting.
- Added Kiip support to provide the ability for players to win real prizes.
Version 1.0 (10 Nov 2011)