WriteOn Lite lets writers use their iPhone or iPad to write their novel, short story, or other writing project and track their progress at the same time. Notebook computer too heavy to lug around? Want to write a scene or chapter while you’re out and about sans computer? Have unexpected down time while waiting on someone else? Going to a write-in after work or school and don’t have the room to lug your notebook computer? Writing on the go has never been easier!
Whether you’re writing flash fiction or a novel, on your own or as part of a challenge like NaNoWriMo or the 3-Day Novel Contest, WriteOn Lite can handle your writing needs. Have multiple writing projects going on at the same time? No problem! Have multiple writing projects each with many chapters? Still no problem!
But that’s not all! WriteOn Lite lets you track your writing progress on each project. Name your project, set a target date and a target word count and the app will calculate how many days you have left until your target date and how many words you need to write each day to meet your goal. The statistics screen tells you at a glance how much you’ve written, how many days you’ve written, how many words you wrote each day on average, and the percentage complete for your project.
WriteOn Lite also lets you see all the word count for each individual chapter for your project on the Chapters screen. See at a glance which chapter may need beefing up, or which chapter can use a bit of trimming 🙂
Want to send a copy of your project to your friend or loved one? Go right ahead and send it via email! Tweet about your daily writing progress. Or post on Facebook with your daily word count. Keep your various social streams informed. Rub your progress in their faces even!
Now, you can try out the free WriteOn Lite, and then transfer your work from WriteOn Lite to the Pro version with a single tap. It’s just easy to try out WriteOn to see if it is for you and to continue working with the additional functionality provided by the paid version of WriteOn. See the video below and watch how easy it is to transfer data from WriteOn Lite to WriteOn.
WriteOn also has an option which allows you to switch between customizable day and night modes. You can set the text colour and the background colour you want for each mode and switch to the appropriate one – for instance, when you’re working at night while a loved one sleeps next to you.
The free WriteOn Lite version does everything that the paid version does, except for backing up and restoring data. However, it only allows you to work on a single project. If you want to work on more than one project or be able to backup your data, you’ll need to purchase the paid version of the app.
– Manage a single writing project.
– Be able to manage individual chapters for the writing projec and know the word count for each chapter.
– Switch between day and night modes to write under any light conditions at any time of day.
– Session totals, daily word count totals, and statistics are automatically calculated.
– History shows you how many words written for each writing session.
– Statistics will show you the total amount you’ve written so far, remaining words to write, how many days you’ve written, your average words written per day, how many days remaining until your target due date, how many words you need to write each day to reach your writing goal, and so on.
– Send a copy of your project to yourself or others via email in .txt format.
– Social sharing for sharing daily word counts via email, twitter, Facebook, and other social sharing sites.
– Built-in FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
– Built-in feedback for bugs and feature requests.
Version 1.4.1 – 28 Nov 2016
- Added setting to hide undo/redo bar to increase available screen space.
- Added button to undo/redo bar to hide keyboard.
Version 1.4 – 20 Nov 2016
- Added setting to auto-save current editing session after a given time interval.
- Added ability to undo/redo changes in the editing view.
Version 1.3.1 – 29 Oct 2016
- Possible fix for crashes seen by some users since upgrading to iOS 10.1.
What’s New in Version 1.3 – 4 October 2016
- Added the ability to have day and night modes for the editing view.
- Added automatic saving of work when exiting editing view without saving.
- Added a hint view on first launch which explains new functionality.
- Updated for iOS 10 and Swift 3.
What’s New in Version 1.2 – 28 July 2016
- Added the ability to export data from the Lite version to the Pro version.
- Numerous updates, optimisations, and bug fixes
What’s New in Version 1.1 (11 Nov 2014)
- Added the ability to re-order chapters in your projects.
- Added an interactive bar graph to the stastistics view showing daily progress.
- Added Dynamic Type support so that all text adjusts dynamically based the font size you’ve set.
What’s New in Version 1.0.2 (8 Nov 2014)
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks for a better user experience.
What’s New in Version 1.0.1 (30 Oct 2014):
- Fixed the project management screen not working under iOS 7.x.
- Fixed FAQ upvotes and downvotes not working correctly.
- Minor UI tweaks/fixes.
Version 1.0 (26 Oct 2014)